Web surfing instead of wave surfing. That’s right, I’m stuck around the house on a gorgeous day fighting off a bad cold, instead of tearing up the waves on the the Great South Bay. Oh well, at least that left me time for a good linkfest:
• One of the oldest and best tech blogs/linkfests is Good Morning Silicon Valley. Its been freshened up recently, and is now more interactive. It’s a daily must read.
• Why do I think all the merger talk between online brokers is so
useless? Lack of differenciation between resellers of commodity
products. Instead, how about A Business Plan for the future of OnLine Trading?
• Mike Panzner reviews the implications of inverted yield curve for equities
• If you want to see the direction Television may be going in the future, check out Rocketboom — a 3 minute daily video log (Monday-Friday).
• The iPod had a hiccup this week, so lets look past audio-only to some cool portable video-related gadgetry:
2) What would happen if a TiVo and an iPod were cross bred, and then had a 3.5" screen added? The $349 Flyboy from Video Without Borders (disclosure: I own shares in VDWB).
3) Archos’ AV 700 Mobile Digital Video Recorder with 7 inch screen! (way cool, but it better be for over $1,000!)
• Chris Anderson, editor in chief of Wired, gives six reasons why he prefers good blogs to most traditional journalism
• Yet another reason for the decline of CDs and other traditional (and mostly analog) media:
Massively Multiplayer Online Games Explosive Growth
• What’s one possible scenario for the market? A pullback for a week or two, then a strong rally into years end, and then — look out below. Enjoy It While It Lasts.
Thats it, from Robutussin central, where the DVD player has Kill Bill 1 & 2, National Treasure, and Closer queued up for the weekend . . .