Fascinating story I somehow overlooked from INC, excerpting a book (China, Inc.) I am halfway thru:
How China Will Change Your Business :
1. China’s economy is much larger than the official numbers show.
2. The growth of China’s economy has no equal in modern history.
3. China is winning the global competition for investment capital.
4. China can be a bully.
5. China’s economy is an entrepreneurial economy.
6. The most daunting thing about China is not its ability to make cheap consumer goods.
7. China is closing the research and development gap — fast.
8. China now sets the global benchmark for prices.
9. China’s growth is making raw materials more expensive.
10. No company has embraced China’s potential more vigorously than Wal-Mart.
11. There are hidden costs associated with doing business in China.
12. Piracy is a problem.
13. China’s heavy buying of U.S. debt has lowered the cost of money in the U.S.
14. Americans and Chinese have become reliant on each other’s most controversial habits.
The article is worth reading (as is the book if you have the time).
How China Will Change Your Business
Ted C. Fishman
(Illustrations by: Tommy McCall)
Inc. Magazine, March 2005
Cycle of Co-Dependency