Swing Trader Alan Farley provides some insight into holding stocks over night:
1. Did you buy in quiet times or wild times?
2. Did you miss your first exit?
3. Is the market closing with buying pressure on the upswing
4. What day of the week is it, and what’s on the calendar?
5. Who’s getting hurt in the current session?
6. What is your holding period for the position?
7. Which companies are reporting earnings after the bell?
8. What total size should you carry overnight?
9. Why is your stock ending the day at that particular
10. What new stock should I buy (or sell) right now to
balance my exposure?
Note that these questions are more geared for traders than investors . . .
10 Questions to Ask Into the Close
RealMoney.com, 7/19/2005 11:09 AM EDT