I have great readers, who have brought lots of terrific items to my attention:
However, the law of large numbers has finally caught up with TBP. When there were 1000 people here, there were but a few (only 2 or 3?) brain damaged folks. Now that the total number has scaled up, the blunt head trauma demographic has swollen into a small cottage industry of stupidity.
normal smarter person would do is simply delete these email without comment. But I think we can all agree that is not my modus operandi. When I have an itch, I have to scratch it. Hence, the following public service announcements:
1) Stop naming your blogs some variant of The Big Picture. It won’t help your Google score (its based on URL, not names). All it does is GUARANTEE I will never link to you. Nor will anyone I know. And their friends. Or their friends. Capiche?
2) Don’t beg for a Blogroll listing — it is unseemly. Besides, we have painstakingly detailed our link exchange policy here.
3) Please don’t sign me up for your email lists, newsletters, or invite me to a Yahoo discussion groups. I have neither the time nor the interest. And after the 7th invite from the same group, I just assume its spam, block the address, and never see anything you write again. (also, a CC to Abuse@Yahoo.com can be expected).
4) No, I won’t introduce you to Kudlow or Cramer.
5) Social networking invites? Puh-leeze — That’s so 2003. Here’s Why I Don’t Do Social Networking Sites;
6) Attachments are verbotten from people I do not personally know (this is good advice for everyone). Send text, and if pictures are a must, then send a link.
Word attachments, from a PR firm? Seriously, how f*&%ing clueless are you? I can only assume your clients are idiots also — for hiring you.
7) Please do not send me info on something I have already posted on. There is a Google search box at the top right: type in a phrase, and voila! Prior posts on that subject!
8) Don’t send me links to items I have already
posted. Don’t send me links to stuff that are months old. And lastly,
don’t send me headline without a link. If you are too damned lazy to
find a link, then I assume whatever story you are sending is lazy and
Ok, rant over . . .
(I feel like a $100 dollars)