I mentioned earlier some of the ways to check out the deals going on, and some people lamented the idea of going to the mall. I totally agree, and frequent Amazon regularly. (For those of you who have asked where my wish list is, its here).
Thanks to their price war with Wal-Mart, Amazon has some mad deals going on. These are what caught my eye:
• The Complete Calvin and Hobbes (Calvin & Hobbes) (v. 1, 2, 3) [BOX SET] $79.50 (that’s about half price)
• Ron Paul’s End the Fed $9.56 (that’s cheap)
• Dilbert 2.0: 20 Years of Dilbert another sale on a classic comic — from $85 to $26.67
• What the Dog Saw: And Other Adventures Malcolm Gladwell $11.25 — I am aware of the flaws in his anecdotal style, but he remains a marvelous story teller.
• Atlas of the World slashed from $80 to $27.20
• This Is Where I Leave You Jonathan Tropper
Not a sale — but I am half through this and loving it.
• I Am America (And So Can You!) by Stephen Colbert $10.80 Haven’t read it, but its filled with Truthiness!
• Curb Your Enthusiasm: The Complete Seasons 1-6 is cut from $238.72 down to $79.99
• The Star Trek (Single-Disc Edition) (2009) movie, which I thought was fantastic (saw it 2X in theater) is $9.
• One of the funnies British sitcoms ever is Coupling — there were only 4 seasons, and they were brilliant (written entirely by Steven Moffat). Half price: $99.98 on sale for $49.99
• Planet Earth – The Complete BBC Series (2007) I already ordered this — $30.49 down from $80 — this is the original U.K. broadcast version narrated by David Attenborough, whom I much prefer to the Sigourney Weaver version. The prior series, Blue Planet: Seas of Life, is also on sale for the same price (but is less of a bargain)
• All of the Doctor Who seasons are on sale for about half price per season — $42 vs $80
As I have always disclosed from the very beginning of this blog, I am an Amazon affiliate and get 7% percent of any purchases you make.