With equities markets now up for the fourth consecutive quarter, Barron’s takes a look at a few of the details:
• S&P 500 index gain from the March ’09 low to Q1 close: 73.5%:
• The Dow Jones Industrial Average gained 4.1% –its best Q1 performance since 1999 (both points and %)
• Russell 2000 index of small-cap stocks Q1 gain: 8.5%:
• Average number of stocks reaching new 52-week intraday highs each day during Q1: 228
And let me add this:
• The Nasdaq Comp is up over 90% from the March ’09 lows, while the Dow Transports gained~106% !