Everyone else is on Pacific coast time, still sleeping off the effects of protein, fat and alcohol, while I can’t help but get up at my regular hour. (Last night, we gobbled down delicious steak at Starks in Santa Rosa). Even the dogs are asleep.
So I am sitting all alone in the kitchen of a big dark house, where its still too dark to see the Horse Barn out back.
Ahhh, but the rest of the world is already up and at ’em. Gotta find out what’s going on, so these are what I am looking at this morning:
• Fed’s Biggest Foreign-Bank Bailout Saved U.S. Muni Bonds (Bloomberg)
• Wall Street Lobbies Treasury on Dodd-Frank (Dealbook)
• Regulators Ready Enforcement Against Servicers as State AGs Stall (American Banker)
• Biggest Rise in Profits Since 1900 Sustains Rally After S&P 500’s 97% Gain (Bloomberg)
• 5 Ways GE Plays the Tax Game (Pro Publica)
• The Canada bubble (MacLeans)
• Related Cos to Buy Stake in Fannie Apartment Portfolio (WSJ)
• Critics’ review unexpectedly supports scientific consensus on global warming (LA Times)
• The No-Baby Boom: A growing number of couples are choosing to live child-free. (Details)
• The Sleepless Elite: Why Some People Can Run on Little Sleep and Get So Much Done (WSJ)
During my travels, did I miss anything worthwhile ?