My afternoon train reading
• How Companies Learn Your Secrets (NYT Magazine)
• MBIA tells judge of newly uncovered Countrywide fraud database (Reuters)
• When Models Trump Common Sense (Tim Iacono)
• Citigroup Whistle-Blower Says Bank’s ‘Brute Force’ Hid Bad Loans From U.S. (Bloomberg)
• 5 Lessons From the Rise of the BRICs (The Atlantic)
• Is Any CEO Worth $189,000 Per Hour? (Businessweek) see also The Top 1% Must Stop Insisting They’re Not Rich Right This Instant (Gawker)
• Forget Buffett — it’s time for the Dimon Rule (Washington Post)
• The Japanese liquidity trap, revisited (Alphaville)
• Venture Capital: The new money men (Crains New York)
• The Delivery Guy Who Saw Jeremy Lin Coming (WSJ) see also Basketball-Crazy China Ponders Meaning of Jeremy Lin’s Race (Bloomberg)
What are you reading?
Why Aren’t Small Business Hiring ?