I am probably on the way home from the beach about now. These are what caught my interest and may even kick your sun frazzled brains back into gear.
• Profits Came in Lower Than Expected? Hip, Hip, Hooray! (WSJ) see also Election or Not, Stocks Seem Poised for Trouble in 2013 (WSJ)
• California’s marijuana industry under attack (Money CNN)
• Bob Shiller: ‘Framing’ Prevents Needed Stimulus (NYT)
• Morgan Stanley Smith Barney rainmakers consider exit (Reuters) see also A Bunch Of Big Advisers At Morgan Stanley Might Leave The Firm For A Totally Embarrassing Reason (Business Insider)
• Investing: Hedges on the edge (FT.com)
• MERS: Mortgage Registry Muddles Foreclosures (NYT)
• Can we save American capitalism? (Washington Post) see also Are Groups More Rational than Individuals? (Conversable Economist)
• From Physician Glut to Physician Shortage (Economix)
• Bruce Bartlett: Why I will be staying at home on US election day (FT.com) see also Four more years? (The Economist)
• What I Am Grateful For (James Altucher)
What are you reading?