Since this is a day dedicated to peace, here are some sources for those of you interested in facts and data and stuff:
• Gun homicides and gun ownership listed by country (Guardian)
• Harvard Injury Control Research Center says results are clear: more guns = more homicide.
• 12 Facts About Guns in the U.S. (Washington Post)
• The gun control that works (Economist)
• A Land Without Guns: How Japan Has Virtually Eliminated Shooting Deaths (The Atlantic)
• Battleground America: The United States of Guns (New Yorker)
• Six facts about guns, violence, and gun control (Washington Post)
• The money behind the Newtown massacre (Fortune)
• The Geography of U.S. Gun Violence: Gun deaths correlate to per capita gun ownership (The Atlantic)
• Fifteen things to know about Australia’s incredibly effective gun clampdown (Quartz)
• Pro Publica also reviews The Best Reporting on Guns in America
The factual data is pretty sobering . . .