My morning reads, curated with tender loving care:
• Even Among Quants, Twitter Hoax Raises Skepticism About Tracking Social Media (MoneyBeat) see also As Wall St relies more on tech, social media can tilt the markets (WaPo)
• Mediocre Earnings and Revenues (Bespoke)
• Well, which is it?
…..-Central Banks Load Up on Equities (Bloomberg)
…..-Gold Rout for Central Banks Buying Most Since 1964 (Bloomberg)
• Wheels Are Falling Off the Commodity Supercycle (WSJ)
• World factory orders flash warning signals despite booming markets (Telegraph) but see Britain Avoids Triple-Dip Recession (NYT)
• Why gold and bitcoin make lousy money (MacroMania)
• Hazy Future for Thriving S.E.C. Whistle-Blower Effort (DealBook)
• What Advisors Can Learn From Steve Jobs (Financial Planning) see also Why Apple, with $145 Billion in Cash, Wants to Borrow Money (The Fiscal Times)
• WTF? Lawmakers, aides may get Obamacare exemption (Politico)
• Ladies, the man who is deported from Saudi Arabia for being too HANDSOME. (Asiantown)
What are you reading?
Sell in May, Post-Election Year Edition
Source: Stock Trader’s Almanac