My morning reads:
• About that whole downgrade thingie: S&P Revises U.S. Outlook to Stable (Fox) see also S&P’s Lack of Sway on Display in U.S. Move (WSJ) eejits!
• The 3 Worst Financial Predictions of the Last 5 Years (Pragmatic Capitalism)
• Is Japan already dead? (Worthwhile Canadian Initiative) see also What Abenomics tells us about the great bond market asset bubble (Telegraph)
• More proof of FINRA’s corruption: A Rise in Requests From Brokers to Wipe the Slate Clean (DealBook)
• Skyscraper Prices Head North (WSJ)
• Scaramucci Seeks Money for Manhattan Hedge-Fund Hangout (Bloomberg) see also Scaramucci Schmoozes His Way Into Funds (Bloomberg)
• Recharge Now! Tesla stock could be in trouble unless they come up with a cheaper, stronger battery (Barron’s)
• The latest finance scam: Tire Rentals (Credit Slips) see also High prices are driving more motorists to rent tires (Los Angeles Times)
• The economic case for the US to legalize all drugs (Quartz)
• ‘This Is Our Signature’: iOS 7 (Daring Fireball) see also Why iRadio Could Be a Hit for Apple and a Dud for Big Music (All Things D)
What are you reading?
It’s a good thing S&P isn’t a hedge fund
Source: The Reformed Broker