• Production of high-end hybrid cars may increase almost tenfold to 56,364 vehicles in 2016 from 5,938 last year
• “Hybrid technology could make a sports car even more dynamic as an electric powertrain improves the acceleration.”
• LaFerrari ($1.34 million) combines two electric motors with a 12-cylinder gasoline engine to produce more horsepower than any previous Ferrari model, while cutting fuel consumption by as much as 40%.
• Ferrari aims to build about 200 LaFerraris this year and complete deliveries in 2014.
• The 605-horsepower model, which the company called its most aerodynamically efficient production car ever, accelerates to 100 kph in as little as 3 seconds.
• Equipped with a V8 engine, the 458 Speciale will have a starting price of about 240,000 euros ($320k dollars).