My morning reading:
• All the Reasons Why JP Morgan May Be Facing the Biggest Bank Fine Ever (The Atlantic) see also J.P. Morgan Is Discussing $11 Billion Settlement (WSJ)
• Economist Wins Genius Grant For Proving That Most Traders Are Idiots (Business Insider)
• The great temptation of the great rotation (Vanguard Blog for Adivors) see also ETF Assets Up $224 Billion this Year (ETF Trends)
• How I learned to stop worrying and love the bubble (FT Alphaville)
• The Fed’s Confusing Search for Clarity (Economix) see also For a Yellen Fed, Smooth Transition Will Be Tall Order (WSJ)
• Have Americans Forgotten How To Grow? No, Innovation Is In Our DNA (Forbes)
• Showdown over a Shutdown: The GDP Effects of a (Brief) Federal Government Shutdown (Macroeconomic Advisors) see also The GOP’s debt limit strategy is insane. People should say so. (The Plum Line)
• Time to tame the NSA behemoth trampling our rights (The Guardian)
• A Move Is Afoot to Keep Climate Science Out of Classrooms (Scientific American) see also The science of global warming has changed a lot in 25 years. The basic conclusions haven’t. (Wonkblog)
What are you reading?
Is Home Building Ready to rebound ?
Source: Washington Post