My afternoon train reading:
• Is It Sell Rosh, Buy Yom? Or Vice Versa? (Total Return) see also Who Cares About Syria? The Fed Is Buying Fewer Bonds! (Moneybeat)
• The Limits of Fundamental Analysis (Crossing Wall Street)
• Bank Leverage Is the Defining Debate of Our Time (Bloomberg) see also The Failure of Free-Market Finance (Project Syndicate)
• U.S. Importing Much Less Oil, but Still Spending a Lot on It (Real Time Economics)
• No Bounce for Europe in Rebound by Germany (NYT)
• Pimco sitcom: dreamer Gross vs. worrywart El-Erian (MarketWatch) see also Gross, Gundlach Hit by Outflows in August Amid Jitters Over Fed (Moneybeat)
• Business Losing Clout in a G.O.P. Moving Right (NYT)
• Thorny Side Effects in Silicon Valley Tactic to Keep Control (DealBook)
• Local shops fear Amazon’s expansion (CNNMoney) see also Introducing the All-New Kindle Paperwhite—The 6th Generation of Kindle (Amazon)
• What we don’t know about the $1.2 trillion student loan problem (Reuters)
What are you reading?
What Is a Hedge Fund, Anyway?