Here are my Friday reads to wrap up your workweek!
• SURVEY: What Financial TV Network Do You Watch? (Business Insider)
• An Optimistic View of the United States (Economix) but see The Most Wonderful Time of the Year May Not Be All That Wonderful for Retailers (WSJ)
• Americans Recover Home Equity at Record Pace (Bloomberg)
• Nine reasons the filibuster change is a huge deal (Washington Post) see also One huge effect of filibuster reform: Obama can actually fire people (Washington Post)
• Active Managers Stink? Blame These All-Too-Common Fund Flaws (Barron’s)
• What Constitution? Example of how the police can search your car without a warrant or your consent (boingboing) see also Drivers Stopped at Roadblock Asked for Saliva, Blood (NBC DFW)
• The World’s Most Powerful Computer Network Is Being Wasted on Bitcoin (Gizmodo)
• NASA Announces Plan for Capturing Asteroid (National Geographic) see also Will an Asteroid Destroy You Before You Finish This? (Bloomberg)
• The iconic lead statuette of the Maltese Falcon from the 1941 film of the same name (Bonhams)
• The music video for ‘Like a Rolling Stone’ by @bobdylan is an innovative digital take on an old theme (WSJ) see also Official Interactive Video for “Like A Rolling Stone“ (Bob Dylan)
What is up for the weekend?
Nobelist’s Valuation Measure Draws Questions