Pour a cup of java, and settle in for my longer form weekend reading.
• Excerpt: ‘Flash Boys: A Wall Street Revolt,’ by Michael Lewis (NY Times)
• On Kahneman (Edge) see also Why Those Guys Won the Economics Nobels (Harvard Business Review)
• No, America is not broke (The Great Debate)
• The Woman Behind Apple’s First Icons (Priceonomics)
• Driven: How Zipcar’s founders built and lost a car-sharing empire (The Verge)
• So You Think You’re Smarter Than A CIA Agent (NPR) see also US secretly created ‘Cuban Twitter’ to stir unrest (Big Story)
• Raiderette sues team for fair pay (ESPN)
• Facing Rising Seas, Bangladesh Confronts the Consequences of Climate Change (NY Times) see also Famine and Water Riots Are Coming, Warns New Intergovernmental Report (io9)
• Millennials and Sex: A New Take on Dating, Marriage and Monogamy (Rolling Stone)
• How HBO’s new comedy ‘Silicon Valley’ presents a new geek archetype (WSJ)
Whats up for the weekend?
The market suddenly hates tech stocks and no one knows why