Pour yourself a cup of Joe, settle into your favorite chair, and cozy up with my long form weekend reads.
• No Exit: One Startup’s Struggle to Survive the Silicon Valley Gold Rush (Wired)
• Hedge Funds and the 40-Year Cycle (Catallactic)
• The Untold Story Of Larry Page’s Incredible Comeback (Business Insider) see also The Truth About Google X: The Secretive Lab’s Closed Doors (FastCo)
• For E.O. Wilson, wonders never cease (Harvard Gazette)
• This Is Why Sleep Is So Important to Athletic Performance (The Atlantic)
• The Invention of the AeroPress (Priceonomics)
• With Farm Robotics, the Cows Decide When It’s Milking Time (NY Times) see also Big food: Michael Pollan thinks Wall Street has way too much influence over what we eat (Vox)
• The Evolutionary Mystery of Left-Handedness and What It Reveals About How the Brain Works (Brain Pickings)
• Climate Catastrophe: A Superstorm for Global Warming Research (Spiegel)
• Building a Bigger Action Hero (Men’s Journal)
What’s for brunch?
The Dow Priced in Gold Remains Well Below Record Highs
Source: Chart of the Day