My afternoon train reading:
• Record-high stocks: How worried should investors be? Here’s how worried. (WSJ) see also Tranquil markets are enjoying too much of a good thing (FT)
• The 35 economics charts from May you really should see. (Quartz)
• The real reason hedge funds have been underperforming (Term Sheet) see also Ziff shuts down hedge fund, shift way wealth is managed (WSJ)
• Rules of the Fund Road: Watch the Fees, and Don’t Look Back (NY Times)
• Adam Smith vs. Keynes and Minsky (Bloomberg View)
• How robots are getting smarter, from navigating on their own to learning by doing (WSJ)
• Is Silicon Valley the Future of Finance? (NY Mag)
• Why the Republican Party Attracts Provocateurs, Faux Martyrs, and Grifters (Slate) see also The Vacant Soul Of John McCain (Esquire)
• Is Global Warming Real? Most Americans Say Yes (NY Times)
• The Skills of Leonardo Da Vinci (Farnam Street)
What are you reading?
Measles Cases in the US are at a 20-Year High. Thanks Anti-Vaxxers.