Succinct Summations week ending July 18th
1. The Dow Jones Industrial Average hit a new all-time high.
2. NAHB home builder sentiment rose to 53 vs the 50 expected.
3. Jobless claims hit a nine-week low, down to 302k.
4. NY manufacturing survey rose to 25.6, the highest level since ’10.
5. Jobless claims four-week moving average hit the lowest levels since 2007
6. The Philly manufacturing index rose to 23.9, above the 16 expected.
7. UK unemployment fell to 6.5%, the lowest level since ’08.
1. U of M consumer confidence fell to 81.3 vs estimates of 83, a 4-month low.
2. June housing starts came in at 89sk annualized v 1.02m expected, its biggest miss since January 2008
3. The S&P 500 ended its 62 day streak without a 1% move.
4. The Vix spiked 22% on Thursday, its 22nd biggest single day gain ever.
5. Industrial production rose 0.2% m/o/m vs the estimate of 0.3%
6. MBA purchase applications 7.6% m/o/m to a 5-month low.