On this week’s Masters in Business radio podcast, I speak with Attorney and Professor Ron Rhoades of Western Kentucky University. Rhoades is an expert on regulations of asset management firms. He has been a zealous advocate for the Fiduciary Standard, and frequently testifies to Congress, the SEC, Department of Labor, FINRA, etc.
Our discussion ranged from basics of what the Fiduciary standard is to the ethics of how asset management firms should be run.
Its a little inside baseball, but if you work in the asset management side of finance, its must listen.
Books after the jump
• Against the Gods: The Remarkable Story of Risk by Peter L. Bernstein
• Asset Allocation: Balancing Financial Risk by Roger Gibson
• The Richest Man in Babylon — Six Laws of Wealth by Charles Conrad
• The Incredible Shrinking Alpha: And What You Can Do to Escape Its Clutches by Larry E Swedroe
• All About Asset Allocation by Richard Ferri