I’m off to Boston for the annual MIT/Sloane investment conference, but not before my morning train reads are ready:
• Hedge Funds: What Are They Good For? (CFA Institute)
• Chasing Returns and Avoiding “Spaghetti against the Wall Fund Companies” (Alpha Architect)
• Managing Risk vs. Managing Returns (A Wealth of Common Sense) see also Alpha is not a risk management technique (Newfound Research)
• Why do conservatives keep saying Seattle’s minimum wage hike has failed — without data? (LA Times)
• Apple, the FBI, and Security (Stratechery) see also Apple vs. FBI: “Just This Once”? (Just Security)
What are you reading?