Succinct Summations for the week ending February 12th, 2016:
- Retail sales rose 0.2% m/o/m, retail sales ex-gas stations rose 0.4% m/o/m and 4.5% y/o/y.
- The JOLTS report revealed that job openings rose to 5.607M and quit rates rose to 2.1%
- Jobless claims fell to 269k, the 4-week moving average is down tto 281.25k.
- Bloomberg consumer comfort index rose to 44.5, up from 44.2 previously.
- MBA mortgage applications composite index rose 9.3% w/o/w.
- NFIB small business optimism fell to 93.9, down from 95.2 previously.
- Consumer sentiment fell from 92 to 90.7, still not a terrible number.
- Business inventories rose 0.1%, pushing the inventory-to-sales ratio up to 1.39.
- The S&P 500 fell again, now down five of the last seven weeks.