Succinct Summations for the week ending March 25th 2016
- 3rd estimate for Q4 GDP came in at 1.4%, up from 1.0% previously reported.
- Jobless claims came in at 265k, with the previous week revised down to 259k.
- New home sales came in at 512k SAAR, up 2% in February.
- Bloomberg Consumer Comfort is still strong at 43.6.
- PMI services flash came in at 51, up from 49.8 previously.
- Existing home sales fell 7.1% m/o/m, coming in at a 5.080mm annualized rate, well below expectations.
- Durable goods orders fell 2.8% m/o/m, with the core component falling 1.8% m/o/m.
- MBA mortgage application composite fell 3.3% w/o/w.
- Stocks snapped their 5-week winning streak.
- PMI Manufacturing flash came in at 51.4, below the 52.4 expected.