My two-fer-Tuesday morning train reads:
• Why the Industrial Revolution didn’t happen in China (Wonkblog)
• Is Your Mutual Fund Hiding in the Closet? There’s no point in hiring an active manager unless they’re truly active (MoneyBeat) see also Shift From Active to Passive Investing Isn’t What It Seems (BloombergView)
• Why C.E.O.S Are Getting Fired More: Companies treat—and pay—top executives as if they were all-powerful. So when things go bad the boss is shown the door. (New Yorker) see also We’re Paying CEOs All Wrong (Bloomberg)
• IBM’s Watson is everywhere lately—but what is it? (MIT Technology Review)
• Why are utilities spending $22 million to ‘protect’ your right to solar? (Miami Herald) see also Measure in Florida That Claims to Back Solar Power May Discourage It (NY Times)
What are you reading?
Want to receive our daily reads in your inbox? Sign up here!