We didn’t get the foot plus that was feared (on the North Shore of Long Island, we were hit with two thirds of that) but it was still a mess. Our post-blizzard morning train reads:
• The Corporate Welfare ETF: a new twist on the vice/not vice idea (CityWire)
• The Ghost Bosses: Private-equity firms have been rapidly buying and selling off companies for decades, and workers in Lancaster, Ohio, are living with the consequences. (The Atlantic)
• Apple store creator Ron Johnson: “What I love is creating. I created the Apple stores, I helped reinvent Target. My strength is imagining.” (Recode)
• This Article Won’t Change Your Mind: The facts on why facts alone can’t fight false beliefs (The Atlantic)
• Trump’s Defense Secretary Cites Climate Change as National Security Challenge (ProPublica)
What are you reading?
Want to receive our daily reads in your inbox? Sign up here!