My end of week morning train reads:
• The quitting economy: When employees are treated as short-term assets, they reinvent themselves as marketable goods, always ready to quit (Aeon)
• The worst calendar year for bonds is a bad day for stocks (IrrelevantInvestor)
• The Algorithm That Makes Preschoolers Obsessed With YouTube Kids (The Atlantic) see also TV Created Donald Trump (New Yorker)
• Meet a new breed of prosecutor (Christian Science Monitor)
• Summer of Samsung: A Corruption Scandal, a Political Firestorm—and a Record Profit (Bloomberg Businessweek) see also Microsoft’s Monopoly Hangover (Stratechery)
Want to receive our daily reads in your inbox? Sign up here!