My easy-like-Sunday morning reads:
• Apple-Target McLaren Is a Tech Company Disguised as a Carmaker (Bloomberg)
• Income inequality is cyclical: Periodic rises and falls in the gap between the rich and poor over centuries indicate that inequality will not grow forever. (Nature)
• Reckoning Comes for U.S. Pension Funds as Investment Returns Lag (Bloomberg) see also Think a 401(k) Is Not a Sexy Benefit? Competition May Change That (NYT)
• The Financial Basket Of Deplorables (A Teachable Moment)
• Study: Immigration Does More Good Than Harm to Economy (WSJ) but see also America Is Not the Greatest Country on Earth. It’s No. 28 (Bloomberg)
• Inside the Final Days of Roger Ailes’s Reign at Fox News (Vanity Fair)
• Trump Could Cost GOP A Ton Of State Legislatures (HuffPo)
• Bias from Disliking/Hating (Farnam Street)
• Scientists Ponder an Evolutionary Mystery: The Female Orgasm (NYT)
• Spotify Is Perfecting the Art of the Playlist (Bloomberg)
JUST IN TIME FOR THE DEBATES! Be sure to check out our Masters in Business interview this weekend with Michael Murphy, co-founder of the Right to Rise Super Pac and former campaign manager for Jeb Bush.
Shifts in the equity-bond relationship often coincide with market shocks
Want to receive our daily reads in your inbox? Sign up here!