12 Days to go! Our nearly politics-free morning train reads:
• Black Monday Revisited: Lessons From 29 Years of Market History (PIMCO)
• McCulley: The deficit is too small, not too big (The Hill)
• Here’s who bankrolls the fight against marijuana legalization (Vice)
• Republicans Rode Waves of Populism Until They Crashed the Party (Wall Street Journal)
• Music has been totally disrupted by Silicon Valley—yet it’s still run by these same two moguls (Quartz)
What are you reading?
Want to receive our daily reads in your inbox? Sign up here!