I’ve found a few interesting items that are worth noting regarding Retail. In addition to the basic media coverage:
• Retailers Post Disappointing Sales For December on Heavy Discounts (WSJ)
• Warm weather and gift cards pinch December sales (Marketwatch)
• U.S. Retailers’ December Sales Slow on Price Cutting (Bloomberg)
• Time to Take Down the Decorations, Earnings Forecasts (Holiday Sales Tracker)
• Shopping Bags Half Empty
• Retailers Post Disappointing December Sales (AP)
• Wal-Mart Expects Continued Paltry Gains (WSJ)
• CNBC video interview of NPD Group’s Marshal Cohen (who said weather was only a small part of the equation and not really to blame for sluggish December sales).
Then there’s this — the Retail review that is at the WSJ.com (free) is cool — its sortable by clicking on the column heading — nice!