Yeah, its about that time: We will be updating the blog design to add some functionality over the next few weeks.
The following are the latest additions to my Blog-Tool-Wish-List:
1. Print functionality: Typepad has created some advanced scripting tools that will allow just the post, and not all the extra graphics/headers/junk to be printed. A popular request from many of you.
2. Hide Email Address for Comments: Another occasional request — and I am sure the source of many garbage email addresses. This was a less requested, but nonetheless ardent
3. Advertising: You folks have pretty much convinced me to do so. All I request of advertisiers are these 3 rules: 1) No pop ups, 2) no blinking/flashing/dancing junk, 3) no porn.
I expect to start running Blog Ads
and Google AdSense. If anyone has any other advertising suggestions, I am all
A few people have privately suggested sponsor ads. For suitable sponsors, I would expect that to make a lot of sense.
4. If I can, I’ll remove the link to Google in the Big Picture search box (yeah, I keep accidentally clicking it also!)
5. I want to tighten up the sidebar headers to each section – I am going to move a lot of the content to “Pages,” a new feature of typepad. The sidebars will be less cluttered
6. Changing the indent color to #000066 — Yeah, the bright blue was tough on my eyes also.
7. Add a few "subscribe" features: Posts, Feedburner, etc.
Any other ideas, suggestions, structural changes? Something I should add/substract/modify?
Feel free to use the comments below to let your ideas fly!