I am off to my panel at InMan, where I will be part of the Bull/Bear Real Estate debate.
Wednesday, January 7, 3:45 pm – 4:30 pm
Bulls vs. Bears: The Great Housing Market Collapse.
2008 was a tough year for real estate. Is 2009 going to be any better? Hear from these leading market watchers.
- Carter Murdoch, SVP, Marketing and Compliance Executive, Bank of America
- Barry Ritholtz , Director of Equity Research & CEO; Director of Equity Research, Fusion IQ
- Noah Rosenblatt, Founder, UrbanDigs.com
- Lawrence Yun, Chief Economist and Senior VP of Research, National Association of REALTORS
I am also going to catch these other acts:
Wednesday, January 7, 2:45 pm – 3:15 pm
How the Internet Culture is Changing the U.S.
A conversation with Craig Newmark.
- Craig Newmark, customer service rep & founder, craigslist.org
Wednesday, January 7, 3:15 pm – 3:45 pm
Finding A Fix For the Housing Market.
We’re still searching for solutions to the housing market. What is it going to take to turn things around?
- Robert Shiller, Co-founder of MacroMarkets LLC, Co-creator of the Case-Shiller Home Price Indices, and Professor of Economics, Yale University
Wednesday, January 7, 4:30 pm – 5:00 pm
What to Expect from the Financial Markets in 2009.
With the economy in a tailspin, what does the future hold? An update from Wall Street and what it means for Main Street.
- Andrew Ross Sorkin, founder and editor of DealBook, The New York Times
Wednesday, January 7, 5:00 pm – 6:00 pm
Wrap up the first day with free cocktails and time with colleagues and the industry elite at this informal gathering on the exhibit floor. Bring plenty of business cards and spend time socializing as you wind down or gear up for the night!
Should be good stuff!