Another classic Paul Farrell rant — the 10 “dirty tricks” Wall Street lobbyists likely will use to help jump-start a new bull market:
- Gridlock helps the rich get richer
- No Glass-Steagall revival
- Keep rating agencies ‘official’
- Limit new derivative regulations, keep ‘shadow banking’ alive
- Offload toxic debt into a government-owned ‘bad bank’
- Support executive pay limits — in public, anyway
- Create accounting standards loopholes
- No limitations on SEC hiring
- Invest heavily in lobbying
- Major PR brainwashing: Yes, yes, a new bull is coming!>
He raises many interesting and valid points; go read the entire angry screed.
10 dirty tricks to jump-start a new bull, fast!
How Wall Street lobbyists, PR hot shots will limit reform, brainwash America
Paul B. Farrell
MarketWatch, Feb. 9, 2009