I have an interesting lunch meeting today with a brilliant guy: One of the founders of ICE. I know M from our early pre-E*Trade days, way back when I started in the biz as a trader.
M has begun and sold more successful businesses — and for more money — than anyone I know. Our meetings are always off the record, but I will see what I can glean from him for public consumption.
I always look forward to any time spent with him, as he is always intriguing — sees the world differently than most humans, has a brilliant mind for what does and does not work in commerce.
While I am breaking bread, here are some items of interest:
• Dow 10,000: Déjà Vu All Over Again (Barrons)
• Blankfein Puts Mouth Where Goldman’s Profit Is (Bloomberg)
• Miami Condo Glut as Values Return to 1989 (Bloomberg)
• Move that sheet metal! Zero Percent Financing Available on 2009 and 2010 Lamborghini Murciélagos (Automobile)
• Amusing! Gov. Schwarzenegger Remarks at Oracle Conference (especially the cell phone discussion)
Anything else worth reading?