Attention, US Shoppers:
With the economy still punk, there are plenty of shopping deals to be had — if you know where to look. Here is a short list:
• Amazon has already announced its Black Friday promotions, including discounts from other stores.
• Black Friday Ads publishes daily updates featuring the best deals on electronics;
• Some shopping experts believe that Black Friday is the best day if the year to buy a car;
• Retrevo.com reviews all of the gadgets that are in Black Friday gadgets deals — in real time. (Use the Retrevo Real Time Review to see if the products you are interested in are worth waiting in line for)
• DealNews.com tracks sales each year, separating the junk from the higher-end stuff. “Black Friday is about cheap stuff at cheap prices.”
• Apple has a mysterious Black Friday online ad
• DealsVista has a deals spreadsheet that can be viewed online or downloaded;
• Shoppers Shop has an online table of deals (including start and end dates).
• Black Friday-themed Twitter account posting deals as they materialize
One other thing to note: Retailers are said to have gone easy on the inventory — so the game of chicken, where discounts pile on as we get closer the 12/25 — might not work this year.
My advice: If you find something at what you thing to be a fair price — grab it, rather than missing the buy in the hopes of getting a few more drachmas discounted.
Where to Find Black Friday Deals
Retailers Extend Deals Beyond Black Friday
STEPHANIE ROSENBLOOM and CLAIRE CAIN MILLER
NYT, November 25, 2009