I love this abbreviated collection from Doug Kass of things he is “grateful for:
• That ShopperTrak and the other retail associations are calling for strong holiday sales.
• That the National Association of Realtors is calling for a recovery in the housing market in 2010, one in which housing activity and home prices will be lifted.
• That U.S. corporations will soon be hiring and spending tons on capital expenditures because of a large earnings recovery next year.
• That the stimulus package turned the economy around and added permanent value to society without adding to our debt burden.
• That this downturn cleansed all the structural problems in the world and that there is a sustainable foundation from which to grow.
• That government economic statistics are precise and accurate.
Great belated Thanksgiving stuff, Doug (The full list is here).
Douglas A. Kass
The Street.com, 12/1/2009