Anyhow, before I trek back to the conference to see Mark Faber speak, here are the items that have caught my eye.
• Congress, HMOs, Big Business Rank Last in Confidence in Institutions (Gallup)
• Feinberg Faults Banks for $1.6 Billion in Bonuses; 80% of Bank Comp is excessive (NYT Dealbook)
• The latest Big Mac index suggests the euro is still overvalued (Economist)
• What $1 Trillion Would Pay For . . . (Kiplingers)
• Chris Whalen: EU stress tests: who knows, who cares? (Reuters)
• Are Banks Withholding Highend Repossessions From the Market? (Real Estate Channel)
• The Brewing Coup Against Microsoft CEO (Daily Beast)
• Gold Coin Sellers Angered by New Tax Law (ABC)
• As U.S. suspends deep-water oil drilling, other nations move ahead (Washington Post)
• “We are What We Choose” — Remarks by Jeff Bezos, delivered to Princeton Class of 2010 Baccalaureate (Princeton University)
• Taibbi: The Steinbrenner Slobituary (Rolling Stones)
• The best use of twitter ever: Shakespalin
• God Hinting At Retirement (The Onion)
What are you reading?