Tonite I will be on Fast Money on CNBC at 5:30pm discussing the next NFP, Tax Cuts, and big Infrastructure Stimulus.
Temp tax cuts, UE extensions, cash for states all have temporary effect, but big infrastructure — Interstate Highway, Apollo program, Darap — all leave behind something valuable for the private sector tyo build upon.
a few key infrastructure issues:
• Manhattan Project for Alt.Energy Research;
• Airports: Key US entry airports (NY, LA, Miami) are embarrassments;
• Bridge, Road and Tunnel Maintenance: are great at building, but terrible at maintenance. (pay for it with a 20 cent gas tax)
• Upgrading (and securing) US Ports
• Last, China are the world’s biggest & best Keynesians
Should be fun!
Update: 9/1/10 8:33pm