I will be swinging by Dylan’s place this afternoon about 4:20pm to discuss the stimulus, tax cuts and infrastructure spending.
A few bullet points:
• Why has “Stimulus” become a dirty word?
-Might it be blowback for the reviled TARP and Bank Bailouts ?
• What was the impact of stimulus spending?
-Surowiecki notes Unemployment was reduced by 1-2%, GDP boosted by 2%, G.D.P. would have been half a trillion dollars lower/
• Can Infrastructure spending improve the Economy?
-The government can do what the private sector cannot — namely, longer projects and basic science
• Do not underestimate the new Capital Spending Business Tax Credit!
– When we last did a more modest version of this tax credit, it had a big impact (More on this later this week)
. . .
UPDATE: September 13, 2010 6:27pm
Video is here
What's been said:Discussions found on the web: