My early morning reads to start the week:
• Are stocks set to rally?
…..-A Summer Rally Really Would Mean a Lot (WSJ)
…..-U.S. Stocks Appear To Lose Their Fizz (WSJ)
• Q&A With Mr. Market (Barron’s)
• Start-Ups Look to the Crowd (NYT)
• Notes from the DoubleLine Lunch with Jeffrey Gundlach (The Reformed Broker)
• European Troubles:
…..-Spanish economy in “huge crisis” after credit downgrade (Reuters)
…..-Venizelos appeals to Greeks to stop the far right (Ekathimerini)
• Black Scholes and the formula of doom (FT Alphaville)
• Stability is Not an Option (Model Behavior) see also The Calming Effect of Central Banks (NYT)
• Navigating a Tightrope With Amazon (NYT)
• Optimism Is Up, but the U.S. Housing Market Faces a Painful Shift (Knowledge Wharton) see also Falling home prices drag new buyers under water (Reuters)
• Let’s just say it: The Republicans are the problem. (Washington Post)
What are you reading today?