Read these. I dare you.
• The Ubiquity of “Lost Decades” (Above the Market)
• Insurers are capitalizing on a surge of interest in bonds linked to natural disasters (WSJ)
• The Privatization Backlash (The Atlantic)
• Adam Smith is not the antidote to Thomas Piketty (The Monkey Cage)
• Which Cities Sleep in, and Which Get to Work Early (FiveThirtyEight)
• Why the lights have dimmed on LA’s film industry (Market Place)
• Amid rumors of a buyout and reports of cash crunch, is Square all boxed in? (The Verge)
• 10 Breakthrough Technologies 2014 (MIT Technology Review) see also 5 areas in Robotics that will transform society and their economic impact (Robotenomics)
• Is There a Wonk Bubble? (Politico)
• Louis C.K. Is America’s Undisputed King of Comedy (GQ)
What are you reading?
Treasuries Are the Surprise Year to Date Winner
What's been said:Discussions found on the web: