Good Saturday morning. Some longer form works I saved up over the past seven days for your reading pleasure.
• Hedge Fund Investors Aren’t as Dumb as They Look (Bloomberg View)
• How the VA developed its culture of coverups (Washington Post)
• The Inside Story of Oculus Rift and How Virtual Reality Became Reality (Wired)
• How ‘competitiveness’ became one of the great unquestioned virtues of contemporary culture (London School of Economics) see also After Neoliberalism (Aeon)
• The Ghosts of Tiananmen Square (NY Review of Books)
• The real 10 algorithms that dominate our world (Medium) see also Physicists Prove Surprising Rule of Threes (Wired)
• New World wine resurrects old religion (Aeon)
• How the NRA Rewrote the Second Amendment (Politico)
• Your Old CDs Aren’t Just Aging; They’re Actively Dying (The Atlantic) see also To understand Beats you need to understand Lady Gaga (Medium)
• The truth about bug spray (MoJo)
What’s up this gorgeous weekend?
Mom and Pop Investors Return to Municipal Bonds