My afternoon train reads:
• PayPal Reports Record-Breaking Number Of Black Friday Shoppers And Sales On Mobile (TechCrunch) see also Americans’ Consumer Spending Inches Up in November (Gallup)
• With A Bull Market Like This, You Don’t Need A Bear Market (Ivanhoff)
• Not All Active Funds Consistently Underperform (A Wealth of Common Sense) but see Hedge Funds Shut as Managers Struggle in Year of Two Percent Returns (Bloomberg)
• A Message To Young Investors (Kris Venne)
• Dodgy Home Appraisals Make a Comeback (WSJ)
• China keeps throwing trillions in investments down the drain (Fortune)
• Our planet may be on the verge of its sixth mass extinction (WonkBlog)
• Why Is the Abortion Rate Falling? (The Atlantic)
• Tea Partiers and traditional Republicans are split on science (Washington Post) see also Real world contradicts right-wing tax theories (Al Jazeera America)
• 5 Numbers That Show Why This Holiday Season Is Crucial for Apple’s iPad (Bloomberg)
What are you reading?
Can The Commodities Carnage Get Worse?