Markets were upbeat yesterday on news from Europe. As my pal Doug Kass noted, the Dow rose 140 last Monday, was down 330 on Tuesday, +260 on Thursday, -250 on Friday (before finishing -145), while yesterday +228.
And today? We have your morning train reads:
• Mutual Funds Pick Year When S&P 500 Is Up 1% to Beat the Market (Bloomberg)
• Shiller: How Scary Is the Bond Market? (Project Syndicate) see also Bonds Hit Boiling Point Thanks to ECB (WSJ)
• (Now) Apple is all about China (Om)
• In Praise of Short Sellers (New Yorker)
• You Kids Get Off Mark Zuckerberg’s Lawn (Medium)