Succinct Summations for the week ending March 13th:
1. Initial jobless claims fell to 289k vs estimates of 305k.
2. CPI in China rose 1.4% y/o/y, higher than expected.
3. NFIB small business optimism index came in at 98.
4. MBA purchase applications rose 1.9%.
5. Import prices fell 9.4% y/o/y, a win for the consumer.
1. The S&P 500, Dow Jones and Nasdaq both fell for the third consecutive week.
2. Core US retail sales fell 0.2% vs an expected rise of 0.3%.
3. Headline PPI fell 0.5%, way more than the expected 0.3% rise. The disinflation theme continues. Core also fell 0.5%.
4. U of M consumer sentiment fell to 91.2 to a four-month low and below the 95.5 expected.
5. Japan’s Q4 GDP was revised from an initial reading of 2.2% to 1.5%
6. Refinance applications fell 2.9%.