The weekend is here! Pour yourself a steaming hot mug of Jamaican Blue Mountain, and enjoy our longer form reads:
• China’s Plan for Winning the Currency Wars (Bloomberg View)
• Can hipsters save the world? (The Guardian)
• The crazy, true-life adventures of Norway’s most radical billionaire (Fortune)
• Anatomy of a Hack: A step-by-step account of an overnight digital heist (The Verge) see also Meet the Dogged Researchers Who Try to Unmask Haters Online (MIT Technology Review)
• Can SiriusXM Survive Without Howard Stern? (Bloomberg)
• iSpy: The CIA Campaign to Steal Apple’s Secrets (The Intercept)
• Does Lady Luck exist or do you make your own? (Aeon)
• The Invention That Could End Obesity (Buzzfeed)
• A Letter From Black America: Yes, we fear the police. Here’s why. (Politico)
• Why Your Brain Hates Slowpokes (Nautilus) see also Who’s to blame for the digital time deficit? (Aeon)
Be sure to check out this week’s Masters in Business with Brad Katsuyama of IEX, the RBC trader who ended up being the lead character in Flash Boys.
How do you make money investing in falling stocks?