Succinct Summations week ending May 15th
1. The S&P 500 hit a new all-time high.
2. EU GDP rose 1% y/o/y.
3. NFIB small business optimism index rose to 96.9
4. Initial jobless claims came in at 264k, the 4-week moving average is the lowest it has been since April 2000.
5. Empire state manufacturing survey came in at 3.09, below expectations but up from the -1.09 prior.
1. U.S Industrial Production fell 0.3% m/o/m vs expectations of no change.
2. U.S Consumer Confidence fell to 88.6, below the expectations of 95.9
3. U.S. Retail sales ex-auto and gas rose 0.2% m/o/m, below the 0.6% expected rise.
4. MBA purchase applications fell 0.2% w/o/w, the refinance index fell 6%.
5. Inventories grew 0.1% m/o/m vs expectations for a 0.2% increase.