Awesome column by my BV colleague Mark Gilbert, observing that true ‘Lehman Moments’ must clear certain hurdles — and most that are beinfg termed that simply don’t.
It isn’t a Lehman Moment . . .
• If people are calling it one.
• Unless somewhere in Germany there is a Landesbank up to its neck in trouble.
• If the endangered firm has a friend in its hour of need.
• if the CEO isn’t issuing denials and reassurances, or blaming speculators.
• if it doesn’t contaminate an entire industry.
He concludes that “So far, Lehman is still in a class of its own” — and I agree.
Go read the entire column here.
True `Lehman Moments’ Must Clear These Hurdles
Bloomberg, October 1, 2015