Succinct Summations for the week ending October 2nd, 2015
- Motor vehicle sales came in at 18.2mm, well above the 17.6mm expected.
- Consumer spending rose 0.4%, in line with forecasts.
- Core inflation rose 0.1%, in line with expectations.
- Case-Shiller home prices rose 5% y/o/y, slightly above the 4/9% expected rise.
- ADP employment came in at 200k, above the 186k expected.
- Markit PMI came in at 53.1, up from 53 previously.
- Nonfarm payrolls came in at 142k, well below the 200k expected.
- Pending home sales decreased 1.4%, down from 0.5% previously.
- Chicago PMI came in at 48.7, below the 54.5 expected.
- Weekly jobless claims came in at 277k, slightly above the 271k expected.
- ISM manufacturing came in at 50.2, down from 51.1 and slightly below expectations.
- Personal income rose 0.3%, below the 0.4% expected and down from 0.5% previously.
- Average hourly earnings were flat, versus a 0.1% expected rise.
- Factory orders fell 1.7%, down from 0.2% previously and below expectations.