Only 4 days left until the end of Shopmas! Our morning train reads are both naughty and nice!
• Stocks were “violently flat as 2015 Was a Year of Contradictions (Barron’s)
• “It is high time to have a non-rigging exchange (NYT)
• The unofficial Goldman Sachs guide to New Year’s resolutions (Business Insider) see also Goldman Sachs: 21 of the World’s Most Interesting Charts (Bloomberg)
• The Big Short: Was It Greed Or Accounting Rules? (Forbes) see also Did Fair-Value Accounting Contribute to the Financial Crisis? (NBER)
• Music in the brain: For the first time, scientists identify a neural population highly selective for music. (MIT News)