On this week’s Masters in Business radio podcast, I speak with Michael Covel, author of Trend Following and Turtle Trader. Covel is a student of trading, and has helped demystify a number of fascinating aspects of how top traders achieve outstanding performance returns.
Best known for the best selling Trend Following series of books, numerous traders have informed me Covel’s work “helped make us millions of dollars.”
Most fascinating is his discussion of Richard Denis and the Turtle Traders. First brought to the public attention via Jack Schwager’s Market Wizards, it answers the question whether great traders are born or made. Covel wrote the definitive story of their creation, and its fascinating stuff.
Books mentioned are after the jump
Books mentioned during the podcast:
• Trend Following by Michael Covel
• Complete Turtle Trader by Michael Covel
• Blue Ocean Strategy, Expanded Edition: How to Create Uncontested Market Space and Make the Competition Irrelevant by W. Chan Kim
• Animal Weapons: The Evolution of Battle by Douglas J. Emlen
• More More Than You Know: Finding Financial Wisdom in Unconventional Places by Michael J. Mauboussin
• Linchpin: Are You Indispensable? by Seth Godin
• The Wisdom of Insecurity: A Message for an Age of Anxiety by Alan W. Watts
• Atlas Shrugged by Ayn Rand